Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We are pleased to inform you that ETSI has successfully held the first meeting of their newly created
Industry Specification Group on Quantum Safe Cryptography on 24-26 March 2015.
The ETSI Quantum Safe Cryptography (QSC) ISG aims to make an assessment and recommendations on
the various proposals from industry and academia for quantum safe cryptography for real-world
deployment and to standardize their relevant parts when needed. In addition to considering the security
properties of these proposals in isolation, it is also important to understand their practical properties
(efficiency, functionality, agility); which real-world applications each might be well suited to (Internet
protocols, constrained environments, cloud, big data, SCADA, etc.); and to make pragmatic comparisons
between currently deployed solutions and the proposed quantum safe alternatives.
We invite all interested parties from your organization to join in. Participation in the ISG QSC is subject
to signature of an ISG QSC agreements you can find at:
Explanation about those agreements is also available from the same place.
We have started work on the following items:
- DSG/QSC-001: Quantum-safe algorithmic framework
- DSG/QSC-002: Cryptographic primitive characterization
- DSG/QSC-003: Cryptographic primitive suitability assessment
- DSG/QSC-004: Quantum-safe threat assessment
- DSG/QSC-005: Quantum-safe standards assessment
- QSC#02 in Sophia Antipolis (France) : 3-4 September 2015
- 3rd ETSI/IQC Quantum Safe Crypto Workshop in Seoul (South Korea): 5-7 October 2015
- QSC#03 Seoul (South Korea): 8-9 October 2015
For further information please consult https://portal.etsi.org//tb.aspx?tbid=836&SubTB=836, else
please do not hesitate contacting our ISG QSC Support at Christine.email@example.com.
Jennifer Katherine Fernick
Secretary, ETSI Quantum Safe Cryptography ISG